Wednesday, November 17, 2010

.....and the cow jumped over the mewwwwnnnn!!!

They say that life is but a vapor, and I'm really beginning to believe it. I've known Sierra since she was a newborn. Now she's all grown and having a baby of her own. What could be more perfect for a new born than a comfy log cabin quilt. I just love the simplicity of it. They have always been one of my favorites. There's a story behind the quilting pattern. When Sierra was a toddler, she loved to recite the nursery rhyme, "Hey Diddle Diddle". When she was about to finish, she would end it saying, "...and the cow jumped over the mewwwnnn!" The facial expressions were the best. She would crunch up her whole face all the while. Just precious. When I saw this pattern from One Song Needle Arts, I knew I had to use it. It's a cow jumping over the moon!
Sierra, my the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, and your little one.

4 comments:

christina said...

so very beautiful. a true gift.
xo

Michele Bilyeu said...

Adorable!

Baby gifts are my absolute favorite to make and to give. And by the way, I'm one of the member blogs for Liberated Quilters. So, it's lovely to come on over to your blog and meet you and see all of your patchwork creativity. Lovely music, beautiful quilts..and you've got some of my favorite books piled up on your header, as well ;)

Cheri said...

Saw you blog question on LibQuilters so came to visit. Now I'm following. Love your quilts, your posts and your music but what got me was Juice. My dd has a best friend with that name...lovely, fun girl...looks like yours is also.

Relyn Lawson said...

Awwww... I love this quilt and this story.