Friday, January 30, 2009

Project Improve & Another Finished Quilt

This block is the improvisional charity block that I made for Project Improv. It was made with pieces left over from another project.

This Grandmother's Fan quilt was a workshop that I took when I was pregnant with my third child. She's 18 now! I finished the 16 blocks, put them together, and that was all she wrote. Last week I attached the border, and quilted it. Last night, the binding. Another project finished!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Primitive Snowman

I started this snowman quilt in the winter of 2007. I finally put the binding on last week. First finished project of 2009! Lots to go!

Jan's Wallhanging

Friday, January 23, 2009

My Works in Progress

This blog started off as a gallery of my customer quilts. After perusing the many quilting blogs out there on January 1st, and seeing all of the quilts listed that people finished in 2008, I thought that I should get on the ball and finish some of my works in progress. Two weeks ago we were going through a big winter storm, so I was house bound all weekend. What a perfect time to start! The quilt on the top is one that I started last year in March. The one on the bottom is one that I started about 1 1/2 years ago. Both of the tops are finished. The good part will be when I can get them on the machine to get quilted. Customer quilts first!!

Dorthea's Variable Star & Erika's Flowers on Black

Dorthea's Square Courthouse Steps

Spike & Judy's Lady of the Lake

Debbie's Dresden Plate & Chris's Layer Cake