Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer project

This summer, my sister, a couple friends, and I have been having a weekly bible study. We have also decided to incorporate a summer project. My friend, Sarah, and I went to QuiltCon in February, and found a pattern called "Sweet Tea and Green Beans". We have decided as a group to make this quilt, each in our own colorways. I am not following the pattern exactly. I've picked a few different blocks, and have added broderie perse applique, and wool applique rather than strictly cotton fabric. I found that rainbow ric rac at the NQA show in Columbus. After it's put together, the plan is to do some very simple straight line machine quilting. Then as an added touch, I'm going to add some hand quilting with perle cotton. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
 


No comments: