Sunday, January 4, 2015

Focus

So, this year I was thinking about what my new year's resolutions should be, and of course, it's always the same 'ole same 'ole, lose weight, get organized, simplify, etc. I came upon a couple of blog posts, GetOneWord & (in)courage. The premise is to find your one word, and focus on that word. So I prayed about it, and really didn't want the word to be of my choosing. But human nature tends to get in the way, and I decided to choose abide. I had an uneasy feeling about it, and another word kept coming into sight. Everywhere I read I saw the word "focus". I didn't want that word, I wanted abide. It was not to be.

Honestly, after thinking about it, I do have tendencies to go off and start one project without finishing what I have already started. This year, I'm really going to work on this. There are things around the house that I want to get finished, projects with my quilting business that I need to get finished, and the list goes on.

So rather than setting myself up for failure, I'm going to "focus" on my word. Hopefully, prayerfully that will work!!

I'll keep you posted!!

Have a blessed day!!

Linda
 
sunshine in January
self cleaning ovens
 

No comments: