Thursday, January 29, 2015

Never Say Never!!

So, I get home from vacation to find this little pretty sitting in my stack of mail!!! I immediately sat down to peruse the pages of this wonderful book. Not only is it filled with beautiful quilts, but Victoria tells her story through them. It is a real treat to read. 

 It was my privilege to quilt one of the pieces in the book. Last year, right before Christmas she sent me "Remembering Christmas Past".  I felt like I had a small glimpse into Victoria's childhood Christmas memories.

So you ask, why did I name this post "Never Say Never"? Well, I have been quilting professionally for 15 years, and I thought I had my share of double wedding rings. Early in my career I thought I might make one, but after quilting so many I changed my mind. Well, I changed my mind again!! After seeing these beautiful quilts, I now want to make one of my own. I've already purchased the focus fabric. Wait until you see it!!! Whooo Hooo!!!



Click on the picture of "Double Wedding Ring Quilts Traditions Made Modern" and it will take you right to Amazon. If you prefer, you can buy it directly from Victoria. She may even autograph it for you!


There is also a feature story in Best Traditions with a Twist 2015 published by Quilter's Newsletter. You can read about Victoria, and her quilts there.



No comments: