Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Getaway

It has been an amazing week!! The man and I were able to go on a winter getaway (with six of our friends)!! It was sorely needed. It has been so cold here, and we needed to thaw our bones. We flew into Georgetown, Bahamas on Exuma Island. Can you feel the sunshine? 


The week was filled with kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, walking, and hanging at the beach. Not to mention food and spirits! Thurday we hired Captain Robert from Robert's Island Adventures to give us a tour of some of the Cays around Exuma. If you ever find yourself there, I highly recommend his tour. Our first stop was Leaf Cay, owned by Nicolas Cage. There we met up with a few iguanas.



There is a sculpture of a concert grand piano with a mermaid that belongs to David Copperfield. It sits at the bottom of the waters at Musha Cay.

Before we left I purchased a camera that I could use underwater. Didn't think it was a good idea to take my 40D. I had lots of fun using it. Here is my favorite picture:


God sure has created some amazing creatures for us to enjoy! 

Have a great day!! Don't forget to count your blessings!!

#1000gifts
jet airplanes
sunshine
time spent with friends

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ah, warm weather, sunshine, the beach and good friends. Perfect ... and I'll confess that I'm a little jealous as I would love to spend some time on a warm Caribbean beach with some friends. ;-)